Grubhub and Deliverect Integration 101
Grubhub is now fully integrated with Deliverect!
Deliverect and Grubhub have partnered to integrate online orders! Learn more about this partnership and how it can help you optimize your restaurant operations.
Deliverect and Grubhub have partnered to integrate online orders directly with your Point of Sale device. No more need for multiple tablets that clutter your countertops, or other ways to track your incoming orders. You can support in-store pickup, scheduled orders, and Grubhub delivery.
Existing Grubhub restaurants can easily enable this integration by reaching out to Deliverect’s support team. Additionally, and for the first time ever, restaurants that are not currently listed on Grubhub can sign up for a 60 day free trial through a special Deliverect onboarding process.
The online menu that you set up in Deliverect will be used for your Grubhub menu. Any changes you make to this Deliverect online menu will be reflected on your Grubhub site. Click here to learn how to set up your online menu on Deliverect’s help page. For more information on POS integrations available via Deliverect and setup, please check out Deliverect’s Help Center Article.
Benefits to Deliverect Integration
- No more fumbling with tablets!
- Fewer human errors
- Simplified order throughput
- Minimal employee training
- Better menu management
- Easy onboarding through Deliverect
How to sign up with Deliverect
Existing Grubhub restaurants can sign up by reaching out to the Deliverect support team! *Please be ready to provide your Grubhub CustID. Your CustID can be located at the top of your Grubhub for restaurants account Dashboard, or by contacting Grubhub Restaurant Care at (877) 799 0790.
New Grubhub restaurants can sign-up through this page and receive a 60-day free trial! You’ll be guided to fill out the form below. Once you submit this, a Grubhub representative will quickly reach out to you to finish the process!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who does a restaurant contact if a store is having technical issues related to their Deliverect POS integration?
If a brand has any issues with the integration they can contact the Deliverect team by:
- Support Form
- Phone: +1 646 568 5331
Where can existing restaurants go to sign-up for the Grubhub integration?
Please contact your Delivered support team to get started.
If a restaurant is not currently a Grubhub customer but is using Deliverect, what should they do?
Please follow this link to get started. Once signed, you will be eligible for a 60 day Grubhub free trial.
How often are menus updated?
For existing Grubhub merchants, Grubhub will replace their current menu with Deliverect online menu as part of the merchant onboarding process. For net-new Grubhub merchants, Grubhub will use the merchants’ Deliverect online menu for the Grubhub listing as part of the onboarding process.
Once onboarding is complete, any changes on the Deliverect online ordering menu is instantly updated on the Grubhub menu.
If I want menu item images on my Grubhub menu, can that be done?
Deliverect supports sending Grubhub images! To add images to items, you’ll need to add them in Deliverect’s Merchant portal.
When a brand moves from tablet to integration, how does their data change?
There are many differences in how the data is provided but the end result is the same, a great menu presented in the marketplace. Here are some differences:
- Search and Store Header Images remain from the tablet. These images must be updated by Grubhub.
- The Deliverect integration sends:
- Menu Sections.
- Item Descriptions.
- Item Modifiers.
- Item and modifier prices
Does the Grubhub Deliverect Integration support 86’ing items?
If the POS supports it and, if an order fails due to an unavailable item, Grubhub identifies the issue and refreshes the menu. In addition, when an item is made unavailable in the POS, Deliverect will notify Grubhub and Grubhub takes action accordingly in real-time.
Does the Grubhub Deliverect Integration support loyalty and rewards?
Yes Deliverect integration does support loyalty and rewards.
- Corporate Funded Loyalty (Smart promotions) are available to restaurants on Deliverect integration. Diner will see the promo applied at check-out and the corporate entity will be invoiced at the end of each month for total redeemed rewards. This promo will not be shown in the Deliverect point-of-sale.
- Restaurant Funded Loyalty is supported, when configured to accept the proper promotion/discount on the point-of-sale. This promotion will need to be setup in Grubhub.
Does the Grubhub Deliverect Integration support Grubhub Delivery & Self Delivery?
Yes. Both approaches are supported as part of the standard integration.
Does the Grubhub Deliverect integration support the sale of alcohol on the menu?
No, not at this time.
- If a restaurant is in a geography where it is legal to sell alcohol and the restaurant wishes to do so, Grubhub may be able to support their needs via the Grubhub for Restaurants tablet. Please verify with the appropriate teams.
- At this time, if a restaurant moves forward with an integration and the menu contains alcohol then the items will be removed.
- We are working to build support for alcohol for Deliverect to pos-integrated menus. Once available we will alert the account teams.
Does Deliverect send an update to Grubhub stating that the food is ready for the driver to pickup?
Yes, Grubhub is aware of food ready times directly from the POS via Deliverect.
Currently this is supported by a food prep lead time (a static fixed time set up by the merchant on Deliverect) that GH can use to determine how long the merchant would take to prepare the food.
Can the restaurant cancel or adjust the order via their POS or Deliverect portal and have Grubhub updated via integration?
Yes, the restaurant merchant can cancel the order at the POS, then Deliverect will notify Grubhub of the cancellation event to update the order within Grubhub systems.
How do subtotal and estimated tax adjustments impact stores using POS integration?
The Grubhub integration for Deliverect updates/syncs menu items and prices on a daily basis. If there is a temporary period of time where Grubhub and Deliverect’s prices are out of sync or there is a difference in how the two systems calculate tax, Grubhub will automatically perform auto adjustments to account for pricing or tax differences.
How do market facilitator laws work with Grubhub’s POS integration?
In many states the law requires Grubhub to withhold and remit F&B taxes on behalf of the restaurant. For a given order, Grubhub:
- Deposits the F&B funds to the restaurant.
- Withholds the F&B tax, and when appropriate submits the funds to the proper authority.
Grubhub’s order integration with Deliverect sends both the F&B subtotal and F&B tax to the POS. The restaurant must work with their tax professionals to properly submit taxes based on a given state’s tax law.
Does Grubhub charge the restaurant for the Deliverect integration?
No, not at this time.
Why do I see “Tax Adjustments” in my financial reports?
Grubhub uses the following approach:
- Deliverect provides item-level tax data via the menu integration.
- Grubhub used the item level tax and the merchant tax rate (configured in Kitchen) to estimate the taxes presented to the diner.
- When Grubhub sends the order to Deliverect, Deliverect calculates the tax from the POS and responds with any sub-total and/or tax adjustments.
- Any change identified by Deliverect are represented as an adjustment to the order and the diner is appropriately refunded or charged as needed.
- The adjustment is reflected in Grubhub for Restaurant’s financial reporting as an adjustment.
If you see differences consider the following:
- There are regions of the country that have implemented tax rules that are not directly supported by GH’s tax engine. In this case, the process described above is used to properly account for these complex rules and the system is working properly.
- If the adjustment is related to improper data or a configuration issue then you must identify the difference and update the values as needed. Areas to review/verify include: Deliverect tax rates, any regional rules applied by the POS, item prices / fees, and Merchant Tax rates.
How does GH handle tax remittance?
Restaurant will provide to GH accurate and complete sales tax rates and/or computations (including, without limitation, any applicable state and local taxes) applicable to menu items and will provide reasonable advance notice to GH of any required changes to such rates and/or computations. Restaurant will report and remit all sales tax collected through the Systems to the applicable taxing authorities. Notwithstanding the foregoing, GH will report and remit sales tax collected on orders through the GH Systems to applicable taxing authorities if Restaurant is located in: CO, D.C., FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL (Effective 1/1/21), IN, KY, MD, ME, MI, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV (Effective 12/1/20), OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, VT, WA, WI, WV, or WY. For information on whether GH will report and remit sales tax for Restaurant pursuant to the foregoing, visit https://lp.grubhub.com/legal/sales-tax-remittance/. Updates to GH tax reporting and remitting practices may be made upon written notice to Restaurant (email sufficient)