Sign up for restaurant insights
Grubhub, the nation’s leading takeout marketplace, has announced it is integrating its ordering capabilities with Amazon Alexa. The new Grubhub skill for Alexa will make it easier for customers to reorder food from Grubhub’s network of more than 50,000 restaurants using only their voice.
The Grubhub skill for Alexa, which is available for all Grubhub diners who have a device with Amazon Alexa such as the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap, provides a convenient voice-ordering experience. Diners will be able to ask Alexa to recite their past three orders and reorder from one of their favorite local restaurants.
“We’re always looking for new ways to evolve the ordering process so that our diners can order the food they want from their favorite local restaurants, however they would want to order it,” said Sudev Balakrishnan, senior vice president of product, Grubhub. “With the new Alexa skill, we’re thrilled to offer added convenience to our diners, allowing them to quickly reorder using their voice.”
How it works:
- Diners can simply enable the Grubhub skill and link to their Grubhub account using the Alexa app
- Diners can then open the Grubhub skill for Alexa with a selection of prompts such as, “Alexa, open Grubhub” or, “Alexa, tell Grubhub I’m hungry”
- Alexa will respond with, “Welcome to Grubhub! Here are the latest orders available for reorder”
- Diners can then choose which option they would like to reorder
- Alexa places the order for the diner providing an estimated time of when it will be ready
“Ordering meals with only your voice is one of the more popular capabilities on Alexa. Customers love how convenient it is to simply ask Alexa to place an order for delivery,” said Rob Pulciani, Director, Amazon Alexa. “I’m excited that customers can now reorder from Grubhub’s network of 50,000-plus restaurants, giving them even more choices as to where their next breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack will come from.”
To celebrate the new Alexa skill, Grubhub will be offering sweepstakes to its customers. Diners who order three times in March using Alexa will be entered for a chance to win a $500 Grubhub gift card.
The reorder skill for Alexa will be available to all Grubhub users who have a device with Alexa. For more on the Grubhub skill for Alexa, please click here.
Ready to join Grubhub for Restaurants and drive additional revenue through takeout and delivery orders? Sign up for free for 30 days.