Fact: It takes restaurants nearly two minutes to process a food order over the phone. Better fact: When customers use GrubHub to place orders online, it only takes 45 seconds for restaurant staff to process the order. And that means your restaurant needs an online platform that simplifies customer ordering and reduces the amount of time employees spend on the phone.
The Advantages of Online Ordering for Restaurants
As an industry leader in online ordering technology for restaurants, GrubHub knows that leveraging our technology translates to:
- An increase in your customer base
- Streamlined and optimized restaurant operations
- Less risk for misunderstandings over the phone, leading to improved order accuracy
GrubHub’s latest whitepaper, “The Restaurateur’s Guide to Online Ordering,” reveals how much online ordering for restaurants impacts diners’ decisions. For instance, 24 percent of customers say that technology options factor into their decision when it comes to picking a restaurant. And 34 percent of diners say that when technology is available to them, they’re more likely to eat out, order a bite to go and have food delivered.
Still on the fence about an online ordering platform? Consider this – online ordering for restaurants leads to:
- More Convenience for Diners. For customers, deciding where to eat is only half the battle. The other half comes when it’s time to order. And let’s face it – diners want ordering to be quick and easy. An online ordering platform provides a hassle-free solution for customers to pick a restaurant and accurately place their orders.
- Better Restaurant Productivity – It doesn’t matter if your eatery seats 30 people or 300 – every restaurant can benefit from an online ordering solution. When a customer calls to place an order, a staff member has to pick up the phone, write down order details and send it to the kitchen. But an online ordering solution takes care of all of those steps, frees up employees from the phone lines and enables them to help the customers physically in the restaurant.
- Further Restaurant Reach – The ubiquity of smartphones and tablets has more diners turning to their mobile devices when it’s time to pick a restaurant and order online. If you’re not taking advantage of this technology, you’re likely missing out on a huge profit opportunity. Online ordering for restaurants opens up sales channels to new customers who are excited that they can order online from your establishment. In fact, more than 50 percent of GrubHub orders are now placed via smartphones and tablets.
GrubHub’s platform dominates the online ordering food ordering market, and for good reason. Our technology links diners to your restaurant, making it easier than ever for them to connect with the food they love. To learn more about online ordering for restaurants, head on over to our Restaurant page. You can also download our whitepaper, “The Restaurateur’s Guide to Online Ordering,” by clicking here.