Restaurant marketing. As a restaurant owner or manager, you have to do it—but spending big bucks on ineffective marketing initiatives is a luxury you can’t afford. What you need is a restaurant marketing strategy that delivers the goods, but doesn’t break your limited marketing budget.
Tips for Upgrading Your Restaurant Marketing Strategy
Many restaurant owners and managers struggle when it comes to knowing how to market a restaurant effectively. Although plenty of restaurant advertising and marketing opportunities cross your desk each week, it can be difficult to separate the winners from the losers.
At GrubHub, we’ve seen it all—and over the years, we’ve discovered several methods most restaurants can count on to improve their restaurant marketing results:
- Invest in Your Website. Mobile technology has changed the way customers interact with restaurants. Whether you realize it or not, your website has become the foundation for all of your marketing activities. So it’s important to make sure your site is mobile optimized and filled with relevant and useful information that makes it easy for visitors to learn about your location, menu, promotions and more.
- Go Social. Both new and existing customers rely on social media to search for their next meal. But social isn’t just about maintaining a presence on popular social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Customer reviews are the brass ring in restaurant marketing, and that means you will also need to cultivate your presence on social review sites.
- Provide Online Ordering. In today’s digital-powered marketplace, online ordering makes sense because it simplifies the process for customers, allowing them to effortlessly place takeout orders from the best local restaurants. By adding an online ordering tool (like GrubHub) to your site, you can quickly increase the reach and impact of your local restaurant marketing activities.
- Use High-Quality Food Photos. Customers don’t want to hear about your food and menu items—they want to see them. Quality photographs on your website and social media pages attract the attention of potential customers and may even inspire them to share pictures of your food with their friends and social media followers.
- Offer Promotions. The right discounts, coupons and promotions can incentivize customers to choose your restaurant instead of the competition. Although there are many different ways to broadcast promotions to customers, one of the most effective strategies is to cultivate a healthy email database and regularly drop special deals in customers’ inboxes.
- Embrace Geo-targeting. Geo-targeted restaurant advertising delivers a bigger bang for the buck by focusing on new and existing customers in the vicinity. Combined with local Search Engine Optimization (SEO) activities, geo-targeting can help your restaurant gain traction locally.
- Involve Your Staff. Social media and other digital channels offer abundant opportunities to include your staff in restaurant marketing activities. When team members participate in marketing initiatives, they become more invested in the business, and their enthusiasm is often contagious for customers.
Restaurant Marketing with GrubHub
At GrubHub, we connect local takeout restaurants with hungry diners. Our online and mobile ordering platforms make it easy for customers to find your restaurant and place orders—improving your restaurant marketing efforts in a short period of time.
Visit our Restaurant page to learn how GrubHub can help you more effectively market your restaurant to customers in your city.